Puppy Socialization Parties
It is well known that puppies that experience a wide variety of new things at a very early age are more likely to grow into stable, well-adjusted dogs. By teaching your puppy good manners during this critical time in their development you can build a foundation for a lifetime of learning. Join us each Wednesday and let one of our staff veterinarians help your puppy become a more secure and happy part of your family!
- Puppies between 6 to 18 weeks of age
- Must have proof of veterinary care: at least one exam, one negative fecal test and vaccines appropriate to age. You may receive these services from College Village Animal Clinic or any veterinary office
- Pets must have been with their owner for at least ten days
WHEN AND WHERE IS THE PARTY?
- Every Wednesday evening at 6:30pm at the clinic, located at 2036 East Northern Lights Boulevard, Anchorage, AK. 99508. The party is expected to last approximately 30 to 45 minutes
WILL THERE BE PARTY GAMES?
- YES! We will have exercises that help your puppy grow into the dog they were meant to become! The goals of our exercises are:
- To build the relationship between you and your puppy
- Help your puppy become more comfortable with handling
- To demonstrate gentle, non-threatening leadership to reduce poor behavior later
- To help your puppy learn that people and pets come in all shapes and sizes
WHY BRING YOUR PUPPY TO THE PARTY?
- Prevents aggressive and inappropriate behavior
- Improve your puppy’s interaction with dogs of all breeds
- Accustoms your puppy to routine examination, which makes visiting the veterinarian a positive experience
WHAT SHOULD YOU BRING TO THE PARTY?
- Your hungry puppy (do not feed dinner, as a hungry puppy is a motivated puppy)
- Your puppy’s favorite soft treat (no hard treats please!)
HOW DO I R.S.V.P TO THE PARTY?
- Call the clinic at (907) 274-5623 to sign up for the free parties, party size is limited so don’t wait!
- Parties are free but you must register to attend. If you would like to complete the registration form ahead of time we can email or fax a copy of it to you